Mental Health and Healthcare Student Scholarship by Recovery Ways
Congratulations to our Previous Mental Health and Healthcare Scholarship Winners: Evaline M., Shira N., Amy Y. and Faith R.
We are now accepting submissions for our Fall 2023 Scholarship!
Mental Health and Healthcare Scholarship by Recovery Ways
$1,000 scholarship available for students pursing degrees in healthcare and mental health related fields, awarded Fall & Spring Semesters of each year unless posted otherwise.
Our Spring Scholarship is for anyone pursuing a relative degree and currently enrolled in a degree program
Our Fall Scholarship is specifically to help promote D.E.I. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, within the field of Mental Health and Healthcare by supporting those pursuing a relative degree and currently enrolled in a program.
Recovery Ways is offering a scholarship to college students in the amount of $1000. We offer this scholarship twice per year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring. We are awarding this scholarship to students enrolled in behavioral health and health care programs at a college or university.
Who can apply?
This scholarship is for students who are seeking a degree in any mental health or healthcare related field. To be considered, students must:
- Be actively enrolled in a university or college.
- Be seeking an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree with the purpose of pursuing a career in behavioral health or healthcare related field.
How to be considered?
Recovery Ways takes a deeply holistic approach that thoroughly assesses patients and tailors highly-individualized treatment plans to address each person’s full range of needs. Our programming includes individual and group psychotherapy, family therapy, trauma therapies including PTSD work, EMDR, occupational therapy, pharmacotherapy, relapse prevention training, spiritual work, sensory therapy, CBT, DBT, recreational therapy, and social reintegration. We introduce patients to a range of 12-Step-based groups such as AA, NA, Refuge Recovery, and SMART Recovery.
In your minimum of 500 word essay, please describe:
- How you will leverage your health care degree to help members in your community
- How the funds will help you pursue your long-term goals
- Why you should be considered for this scholarship
- Please give any examples of how you have embodied a life of helping members in your community. We will choose a winner who also embodies these values.
- How you hope to promote and or serve within the field of Mental Health and/or Healthcare.
When is the scholarship awarded?
The winner will be contacted via email on February 4th for the Spring term and September 3rd for the Fall term.
How to Submit
- Submit in PDF format to email@example.com
- Awarded on February 16th for Spring, September 16th for Fall
- Submission Deadline for Spring: January 18th
- Submission Deadline for Fall: August 31st
Connect with us
It is not necessary to connect with us via social media in order to be considered for the scholarship but we would love to connect with you via Facebook or Twitter @RecoveryWays