Planning For Your Arrival
At Recovery Ways, we provide our patients with an environment conducive to healing and recovery from addiction. With that in mind, we have approved the following items for your stay here. Please note that all items are subject to review by the Recovery Ways staff and different levels of care will permit various items. If you have any questions about what is permitted, please feel free to reach out to our location staff or simply contact our admissions department at 888.986.7848.
What to Bring
- Personal toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, mouthwash, body lotion, sunscreen etc. All items must be alcohol and propellant-free (pump-style only).
- Clothing: Bring enough clothing for 2 weeks. Please do not bring more than 2 bags. You will want clothing for warm and cool weather, gym clothing, jacket, shoes for different activities (gym, relaxing shoes, hiking shoes etc.)
- Cigarettes or chewing tobacco. All products must be unopened.
- Electronics: iPod and MP3 players are allowed at designated times. These items cannot have internet capabilities or camera function.
- Books, you are encouraged to bring recovery related literature and all books will be reviewed by therapist.
- Sketch pads, journals, stationery, etc.
- ID, insurance card, and applicable separate prescription insurance card
- Please bring all current medication in prescription bottles. This will be reviewed with our medical team for continuance. Any controlled substances will be destroyed. Over the counter medications or supplements can be brought but will need approval and arrive in unopened packages.
- You can have your debit card during your stay for meetings and recreational activities. You will be able to keep $20.00 in cash on your person and we will place remaining cash, up to $200 dollars in a company safe. Cash exceeding $200 will not be allowed on the premise.
- Beddings and linens will be provided for you.
What to Leave at Home
The following items cannot be brought along for your stay at Recovery Ways Treatment Center. All items are subject to review by the staff.
- Drugs and/or alcohol; all medications will be given to the medical department upon admission
- Toiletries and/or cosmetics that contain alcohol
- Any outside food or drink
- Weapons of any kind
- Candles and/or air fresheners
- Cell phone (this will be locked in the company safe) – you will have access to landlines at the facility
- Laptop (we have computers here for you), iPads, e-Readers, cameras
- Vapes or E-Cigs
- Bandanas or any clothing that makes reference to drugs and/or alcohol, gang affiliation, or is sexually explicit in anyway
- Valuables, such as jewelry