Anyone who is dealing with a drug addiction issue, you want to take the appropriate steps to find healing and happiness in their lives. It’s easy to feel confused and not know where to begin when you have an addiction problem. One of the first things you’ll have done is a substance abuse evaluation. Through this evaluation, you will find out more information about your addiction situation and what type of treatment plans will be effective for you.
What Is a Substance Abuse Evaluation?
A substance abuse evaluation is an assessment that helps determine where you are on the spectrum of addiction. This will help determine the severity of your situation. It’s crucial to know whether you will need detox services, mental health treatment, or substance abuse counseling. Chances are you will need more than one of these programs and treatments. Some people need all three components to recover from addiction.
How Does a Substance Abuse Evaluation Work?
Most substance abuse evaluations are conducted in person with a trained, certified professional. You and a therapist will meet to discuss your history, both with substance use and mental health. Some of the things that may be discussed during the evaluation include:
- Current and past drug use — this will include the amount of drugs you used, the type of drugs used, and how long you used them.
- Mental health issues — the therapist will ask if you know about any mental health problems. If you are not diagnosed with a mental health disorder but suspect one, that will be discussed as well.
- Physical problems — sometime physical issues can aggravate a substance abuse problem. For example, if you have chronic pain, then you may become addicted to pain medicine. However, quitting the medication may cause additional pain. So, these issues must be addressed.
To begin the substance abuse evaluation process, you can contact a trusted rehab facility. They will start the admissions process with you by setting up an appointment for the assessment as well as verifying your insurance information.
You won’t need to worry about insurance providers denying coverage because federal law prohibits that from happening. However, insurance carriers may pay a certain portion of rehab versus the entire amount; it depends on your healthcare plan and other factors. Connecting with an intake coordinator at the rehab provides you the best outcome for dealing with insurance providers. These professionals understand how to work with companies. Therefore, you can be assured of no problems.
Introducing Recovery Ways
At Recovery Ways, Our team of expert clinicians is ready to help you move forward to realize a healthier, happier life. We pride ourselves on our years of experience and expertise. Our goal is to find the right plan for your lifestyle and situation through a substance abuse evaluation.
Working with a medical team is crucial to ensure you get a treatment plan that will suit your needs precisely. Some of the treatment programs we offer include:
- Residential addiction treatment program
- Inpatient addiction treatment program
- Intensive outpatient treatment program
- Partial day addiction treatment
- Virtual treatment program
In addition, you’ll discover a comprehensive therapy department at Recovery Ways. We know that everyone responds differently to different therapies, so we offer a full range of programs including:
- Sensory integration therapy program
- Occupational therapy program
- Family participation treatment therapy program
- Recreation therapy program
Don’t let substance abuse steal your peace of mind. Now that you know more about substance abuse evaluation, reach out for the help you need by going to a quality drug rehab center. Contact us at 888.986.7848, and we’ll walk with you on this new journey in life.