Alumni Support Program
At Recovery Ways, we believe that treatment is the foundation and beginning of a process toward lifelong recovery. We are dedicated to assisting our patients to build upon that foundation as they begin the next phase of their recovery and continue on their journey toward healing. If you’ve completed treatment with Recovery Ways, you are eligible to join the Recovery Ways Alumni program. With the alumni program, you will build a sober network of peers and friends that have been in the exact same situation you have.
This program provides life-long support from both staff and fellow Recovery Ways alumni participants.
The mission of Recovery Ways Alumni Services Department is to provide lifetime support and services, creating a bridge to lifelong recovery for individuals and families suffering from the devastating disease of addiction. We are dedicated to actively assisting individuals in bridging the gap between treatment and returning to the responsibilities of daily life; assisting our Alumni in remaining connected to one’s Recovery through individualized support, regular activities, reunions and retreats, support groups, continued education, service work, peer to peer support, and continuous renewal of one’s commitment to living a life of dignity and healing.
Our vision is to assist Alumni in creating lifelong connections to Recovery Ways and to each other, building fellowship and pride among Recovery Ways Alumni and serving as an ever-present reminder that our Alumni are “Never Alone”.
Alumni Service includes but is not limited to:
- Weekly scheduled support calls with a professionally trained Alumni Coordinator for one month post-discharge followed by monthly calls for a minimum of one-year post discharge.
- Ongoing coaching and case management services focused on goal-setting in all dimensions of an individual’s well-being
- 24-hour support for life
- Weekly Aftercare Group and Quarterly Family Aftercare Group
- Multiple weekly 12-step Alumni run meetings and Refuge Recovery group
- Regular sober fun and fellowship activities, including Recovery Ways, founded clean and sober sports leagues; Alumni Softball, Volleyball, and Soccer Teams as well as rock-climbing, yoga, meditation, breath-works and other recreation and experiential activities and outings
- Regular Continuing Education and Renewal Events including workshops, guest speakers, and spiritual enrichment activities.
- Annual Alumni Reunion and Retreat
- Regular Service, Community Service, and Volunteering activities
- Peer-to-Peer Support Program with access to stay connected with other Alumni whether local or across the country.
- Access to Social Media connections and online communities via our private Recovery Ways Alumni page as well as our Never Alone peer-run support group.
- Access to Recovery Management Tools including goal setting, ongoing education and relapse prevention, recommendations for the best-continued care options and recovery resources.
Join the Recovery Ways Alumni Program
If you’ve completed treatment from any of the Recovery Ways addiction programs, you can join our alumni program and support network. The program holds bi-weekly 12-step aftercare meeting, hosts annual events and outings, as well as providing online support with a very active social media presence. If you would like more information please email our alumni coordinator or visit the alumni website.