Ecstasy Addiction Symptoms and Warning Signs
If you are worried a family member or loved one may be using ecstasy, they may not be honest about the use or admit to having an addiction. Most ecstasy is consumed at large raves, concerts, or festivals as a party drug. You may have to look for signs and symptoms of the drug abuse. Looking for the pills is probably the easiest. Other things may be unawareness of pain, irregular sleeping schedule, exaggerated pleasure from touch, and overly sensitive to music or lights.
Short Term effects
- false sense of affection
- impaired judgment
- muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching
- severe anxiety, confusion, paranoia
- depression, drug cravings
- faintness and chills or swelling
- blurred vision
- sleep problems
MDMA & ecstasy symptoms can be treated with inpatient detox.
Long term effects
- sleep disturbances
- tremors or twitches
- brain damage causing memory and thought problems
- difficulty concentrating
- degenerated nerve endings and nerve branches
- cardiovascular collapse, convulsions, death
- liver or kidney disease or failure
- neuron damage leading to Parkinson’s disease or paralysis
Addiction Rehab for MDMA & Ecstasy
Suffering from a MDMA and ecstasy addiction can be a very serious issue, but an issue that can be successfully treated. Recovery Ways offers addiction treatment that is medically effective and compassionate Our admissions coordinators are available to take your call, review your insurance and find out if your benefits will cover the cost of treatment.